Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving
Comments & Myspace layouts





So, since we all know I'm not that original when blogging and often end up copying others ideas in my posting...why disappoint? I just read Meredith's Thanksgiving post and she listed (beautifully) all of the things she was thankful for right now...And I thought I might take a stab at the same kind of thing! :)

I am thankful for:
1. An awesome God-and that I live in a country where I am free to worship Him!
2. My family and their love-through my whole life. My mom, dad, grandpa and grandma have given me so much my whole life!
3. My husband that loves me and shows me in the little ways every day.
4. My healthy children. When I hear stories of little ones that are so sick and the heartbreak of their parents...I am so blessed that my children are healthy! And to think there were days when I wondered if I'd ever be a mom.
5. A home to live in-that keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
6. My husband has a job, and one that allows me to stay at home with my kiddos and home school them.
7. Christmas bonus! Takes much of the stress out of the Season!
8. Friends that support me (online and in real life) through it all. Good, bad and ugly. (the situations, not the friends ;) )
9. Plentiful food. Otherwise how could I gripe about being "fat"???
10.Loving and kind mother and father-in-law. Not everyone has that...
11.That I am healthy! I try to remember that one when I'm killing myself exercising-telling myself it's a blessing that I can do that ;)

Again, thanks Meredith for the idea and I hope it catches on and I see lots of these kinds of posts-in a world where there is so much focus on the negative...

1 comment:

squirrelgirl said...

Cara - Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family! I'm glad I could provide some inspiration for you. It's hard not to be thankful when I see others around me struggling to feed their families, clothe their children and deal with serious medical issues. Even though I do complain sometimes, I always try to put things in perspective. I am REALLY blessed and I know it. And you are too :-)

Blog Archive