Thursday, July 27, 2023

Gardening. A Tale of Neglect.

I don't even know how it happened. Or why. I have a couple of ideas but none of them are valid excuses. My garden is BAD. Ever heard of "pig weed"? My garden is FULL of it.
I have tried to get it back under control a few times. But it's like one step forward and three steps backward. I can almost (but not literally-because I hate the overuse of that word) hear the weeds popping up. "Pop" "Pop" "Pop pop pop" And then my back, neck and shoulder hurt for DAYS. Literally.  My would be excuses: 1) We didn't get any rain for so long I thought it was a lost cause. My rain barrel was even empty. 2) Vacation 3) I started a new job. I'm just waiting tables part time but I've mostly been a stay at home wife and mom for 23 years! And I'm in the learning curve for managing my house work and garden. And my introvertedness. And making time for my husband, kids and grandbabies! But none of that really matters. I planted a garden. And I'm so mad at myself for dropping the ball on it. And yet...
So, it looks as if I will get some yield from my garden despite my negligence. 凉

No comments:

Blog Archive