Saturday, August 5, 2023

Upper Peninsula Beauty

I love to travel. It is life giving for me. I always say if I won the lottery (not that I play more than once a year), I would not want a huge house, fancy cars or "things". My winnings would be spent on travel. My preference is road trips. I'm not a fan of flying in particular-not because I'm afraid, I just hate the process. It's tedious, plus I like more control than flying allows. So, we try to take vacations with the kids every year. Sometimes close and sometimes far! This year we went to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I LOVED it! We were so blessed to miss the haze from the Canadian Wildfires-it was an issue before we were there as well as after. Our main activities on this trip were a full day (guided) kayaking tour around Pictured Rocks (Lake Superior) and a Glassbottom Boat Shipwreck Tour. (Believe it or not, the boats we had to power ourselves were way more expensive than the other ;) )
My favorite pictures from the shipwreck tour had nothing to do with shipwrecks and everything to do with the lighthouse we saw. If the shipwrecks had had more human interest stories (people who were on the ships, etc) I would have liked them a lot more. But the lighthouse sparked my curiosity with the story of a family being dropped off each spring.
We went on some relaxed "hikes" (more like walks).
And we ate some great PIZZA (not as easy when you're searching for gluten free)! And this ice cream was as good as you imagine with no nutritional information! :p
All in all, we had a great trip (just don't ask me about traveling with dogs-my answer will not be a happy one).

No comments:

Blog Archive