Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Each and Every Day

Right now, each and every day is a struggle to do the things I need to be doing. What I'd really rather do is lay around and nurse my aching hips and back. But, the show must go on and since I'm the ringmaster of this circus/show...so must I.

I got to have an ultrasound of the baby last Friday and he's doing well. All of google's dire reasons for excess amniotic fluid don't appear to apply to us or our baby. He is, however...big! I was not surprised. He should be "around" 3 pounds but is instead weighing in at about 4 pounds. I know that there is some room for error, but I think less so at 30 weeks than at 36-38 weeks. So, I'm sure that they're not too far off. Taking all 3 kids with me to the ultrasound appointment was...interesting. (In the interest of trying to be positive). Lindsay sat and was enthralled by the whole thing. Totally interested in the baby and what is going on (but she's a 9 year old girl-I wasn't surprised!). Jared and Haley? Took one look at the baby on the screen and then were DONE. Great. So, they rough-housed and fought and played. Knowing mom was trapped on that table with jelly all over my belly...what was I going to do? We made it through it though and I think it was good for them to see the baby again (first time in 12 weeks). Seems as if all is well. I just have a little extra fluid and a big baby!

My house is not showing my need to "nest" at this point. I really want to but by the time I finish with schooling the children (which is a must obviously) I have nothing left. I can barely drag myself in to cook dinner for my family. This is tough. I must say, Michelle Duggar is some kind of woman....

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Michelle Duggar also has all the older children helping out and assigned to take care of a younger child. SHe's got a pretty good set up there. You're doing great and all will be fine, no matter what does and does not get done. None of it will be the end of the world.

squirrelgirl said...

Hang in there! Not too much longer. I can't believe you're already at 30 weeks, though. Where does the time go?

Six Wilsons said...

So great there is nothing to worry about like you were thinking! Big babies sleep better when born, in my experience anyways. They eat alot, but fill up and sleep waaaay better. Let's just pray that for little (or big) Nathan. :-)

Blog Archive