Friday, January 20, 2012

Working It Out

Although I haven't really said much I've been working out really hard (minus the month of December when things were just too crazy). I think I'm afraid if I talk about it I'll lose my momentum or quit or something. Anyways, I just started Jillian Michael's "Ripped in 30"--completed her 30 Day Shred in September/October and lost 4 inches just off of my waist in like 12 days...worth the pain!
I usually try to do the elliptical also but the hardest part is finding the time in my day. Because my kids are without direction while I'm doing these workouts (my goal is to wake up really early and do my dvd workout then--but it doesn't always happen. Sleep trumps most things in my world.) I have to be creative to fit them in.
This morning things went so well! My littles found something fun to do. Who knew a skateboard ramp and a dump truck could equal a roller coaster?




And for me (pardon the unrotated picture-oops!) 40 minutes on the elliptical (also referred to the "helliptical" by me) was well over 450 calories burned and my husband's mp3 makes the 40 minutes go much faster. On the playlist? All different genres. One song that really touched me this morning was "I'm Forgiven" by Chris Tomlin. I've heard it a million times. And I've heard the concept more than a million times. But it touched me all over again. ..."That you my King would die for me...". In a world where kings expect anyone to be willing to give his or her life for the monarch, from the lowest of plebes to the highest position in the military, we have a King that gave His life for us!  That is amazing to me.

1 comment:

squirrelgirl said...

So where are the "before" and "after" pics? I need inspiration! One of my New Years resolutions was to get 15 min of exercise 3x/week (I know, not very much but better than nothing, an improvement over what I've been doing, and, most importantly - realistic). I've been doing OK, but could use a little extra motivation.

Blog Archive