Monday, April 18, 2011

If You Blink

Did you know that if you blink, time is gone? I never really understood that until I had kids. I cannot believe that my little girl is 11. She really is. Sometimes so grown up and sometimes...not. But she is 11 and that is crazy to me.





Another crazy thing? My mister man (aka son) is 9. He can't be. But he is. And today, at church, he made the decision to be baptized. I'm so proud of him. He is like his daddy, shy. He doesn't really want people looking at him or watching him. But, he came to the point where following God's command was more important than his own insecurity. So, during altar call, we went down together and talked to the pastor. I'm so excited for this event. As a mom, you have to wait patiently for your children to come to this conclusion all on their own. You could technically tell them to do it. But it wouldn't matter. It has to be their decision. Their desire. For it to matter.



We spent this weekend running-as usual-between sports events. We had baseball, soccer, baseball and baseball. Sometimes we have to decide who (parent) goes to which game. Saturday everyone (Nana and Papa included) were at baseball...then some of us (Nana, myself and the babies) went to watch Linds play soccer. We missed the second baseball game (yes, 3 in one weekend. 2 in one day!). Lindsay's team did well...it was a tie. Jared's baseball team was playing a tournament and they were UNDEFEATED! Awesome, huh? And best of all? The stands were covered at this particular baseball field. So, no one is sunburned! Yeah!

No comments:

Blog Archive