Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Baby is Two!

I cannot believe this is happening to me. My last baby. My little guy. He is growing up. I told him not to. I made a deal with him!!! And he's going back on it. To his own mom. I guess I'll just go with it...if I can't beat time, we'll just celebrate him.
This little boy was a surprise in our life. It took years of trying and fertility treatments to have our first baby (and a miscarriage), the second came quickly-with the help of fertility treatments. And the third? We tried on our own again but to no avail! So, back to the doctor we went. But with Nathan, all we had to do was tell God our plans-and that they didn't involve any more babies. We did. And He laughed. And told us that He had better plans for us. It's not that we didn't want this little guy, I was instantly in love when the test turned positive (well, when I stopped shaking so I could actually confirm the positive result!). The pregnancy was not much fun-nothing serious, just the aches and pains of a fourth pregnancy and being a little older this time around. And long story short (because I've told the long version so many times), Nathan was born on December 2, 2009 at 37 weeks and 2 days gestation weighing in at a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz! Hugongous much! I told my husband: "I can't believe we didn't know we wanted him." Because that's what it is. It's not that you didn't want the baby, you just didn't know you wanted him/her until your heart wraps around him or her. This little guy has made us laugh. I'm so much more relaxed this time. I realize how quickly it all passes so I treasure the moments a little better than I did with my first 2 kids. I purposed to enjoy the night time feedings (not too hard to do because he was a decent sleeper from early on) and not complain about having to sit down to nurse "again".






It was a fun party. I made everything the crafty way...a lot of work but I had fun and it was worth it. The train was a collaboration of ideas and was super fun for all the kids (big and little) that were at our party! Jared (9) offered to pull the kids in the wagon with the train box over it! When the box was no longer staying on the kids still wanted to be pulled around the yard and he was a good sport. I decided since some of it was so much work it could stay up for a while. Ha ha. The banner is still gracing my kitchen wall.

1 comment:

squirrelgirl said...

What fun! Happy Birthday, Nathan!

Blog Archive