Wednesday, June 25, 2008

When Haley ain't happy....

So, in our family we used to joke (or I did) about the old saying "Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"...that should be changed.

Haley is a BEAR when she is sick. Even a minor illness and she is impossible to deal with. She screams constantly and has to be held the whole time. At the end of the day my (and the kids') nerves are just frazzles. I'm sure the kids sometimes wonder what they were thinking when they decided to pray for a baby. I just hope they see that the blessings outweigh the hardships. I know I sometimes have a hard time seeing that when our smallest member of the family throws her tantrums.

Tonight I had some enjoyable time with my big kids. We left Haley with daddy and went for a run/bike ride. Just the 3 of us. They needed to get out as much as I did so I broke the rule of "running is sacred 'me time'". I think (hope) they really appreciated it! I really need to spend more one on one with those two kids. They're really great kids (and Haley is too--don't get me wrong, she's just all consuming in our life right now) and they're growing up too fast. I need to cherish this time while they still want to be with me. I know it's coming all too soon when they won't want me. **sniff sniff** But for now THEY DO!!!

So, the saying in our home has been changed: Haley ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Its great to leave "baby" at home and take out the big kids isn't it> I did that the other night and really enjoyed myself...

Blog Archive