Monday, April 16, 2007

Being a Mom

Being a mom is the best and hardest job of any. I think all moms just have this vision of what it will be like with their babies (smiles and snuggles and playing games) and if you're like me you end up never having time to do any of the things you dreamed of. Instead it's correcting, tripping over the games you thought you'd play with your children and cleaning up their messes and **gasp** sometimes yelling. Sometimes I see a woman who is pregnant with what is obviously her first baby and I just smile at her in the way of "you poor, poor woman. You have no idea!" LOL My husband and I now understand the old Cosby as Himself stand-up routine like we never did before kids. (If you haven't seen it you must check it out for at least the parenting part of it) We used to laugh at it, now we just look at each other-because we "get it"!!
Sometimes I know that this is a season of life and things will get better and other times I feel as if life will always be this hard! As I chat with my February due date friends (online) I feel so comforted to not be "alone" that things are hard right now. I guess it's true that misery loves company, huh?
I've tried to remember the little poem about how cleaning can wait

Cleaning and Scrubbing can wait til tomorrow,
for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.
So, quiet down cobwebs,
dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby,
and babies don't keep.

But can your baby crawl around in that dust and cobwebs???
I should have pics to post tomorrow of our Field trip to the National Seashore!!

1 comment:

GinaB said...

i love reading your blog! :)
i cant wait to have babies!!

Blog Archive