Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Promised....

So I will deliver-no, not the baby! That's another 16 weeks away (well, a little less now! woohoo!) but here's a belly picture. This is 22 weeks and 3 days. :)




In other areas:
I've been "working on" my girls' room for forever now. In fact, the painting was done right around the time I got pregnant. Ummm, I'm 5 1/2 months now. Still have a few things left to do, but the curtains are done (sewn by hand from material I had to retrieve from pillow shams and then put together so that the pieces were big enough to make into valances! Not an easy task-especially when I had to do it all by hand) They are simple, but that's fine. I'm going for less clutter and "foof" and more simplistic in all of our rooms. Well, that's the goal. ;)
Here's what I managed to get a picture of this morning:


The rest was not presentable at the time of my impromptu photo shoot. I don't know when I'll ever get a picture of it because by the time I get it MOMMY CLEAN the girls have undone what I did....the neverending battle. But, this gives the idea of what we're going for. :)

The other night the kids were having a blast in their kiddie pool. In all honesty, my first reaction was not a happy one when I saw them covered in mud, swimming in the pool like a couple of crocodiles. They were barely visible in the mire that was now their pool. But then I realized that you only get to be a kid once. And they were making the most of that moment. And hey, our backyard is so dead (from the drought and plumbing work) that it didn't matter in that sense either. :)




Since, surprise, surprise, Haley was not in on that escapade....here is a picture of her just for fun. :) Wearing her dew rag (is that the right form of dew?? do??)

3 comments:

Mrs. Fudala said...

you look great!!! So do all the kiddos, even covered in mud and "dew" rags :)

Anonymous said...

you do look fantastic!!

squirrelgirl said...

Great belly pics, you look marvelous. The pool looks like fun - as you know we play in the mud pretty regularly around here! And I believe the correct term is 'do-rag, like hair-do.

Blog Archive