Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is not a holiday I'm fond of...actually there are very few holidays I'm all that fond of...because there's so much pressure (perceived probably, but pressure nonetheless).

Pressure to be all that is on those cards. The perfect mom. The patient mom that always helps her children in times of crisis and is always there, never cranky or tired. Never wants the last piece of cake. Always patient. Always loving and giving.

Yup. That's what the cards say we're supposed to be.

But I don't think I am.

Do I love my kids? Absolutely! Do I think they are blessings-each and every one of them? YES! But I do get tired. And darn it, sometimes I do want the last of something.

So, today was a perfect day! I was loved on, then we got down to business that we had started yesterday---working on the girls' room! I will have pics. I promise. I did the boys' room months ago and still have yet to post pics (it had some little things I was waiting on)...but maybe I'll do both at once. Or maybe they'll each get their own post. Who knows! I love doing stuff like that though.

Then, I got steak and shrimp for dinner (grilled!) and a baked potato cooked in the fire. Yum! And brownies! Oh my!


No comments:

Blog Archive