Friday, May 3, 2013

Starting Again

The only thing harder than keeping going is getting started again.

Why do I always forget this very important thing?

I started working out again this morning after some situations kept me from it gave me excuses for almost a month (travel, not feeling well, etc) and OH.MY.GOSH. Seriously. I thought I was GONNA DIE!

And what about all that self-deprivation in the kitchen? My stomach is going to think my esophagus was pinched closed!

A friend told me that once you stop working out it takes only a month to LOSE EVERYTHING you worked for. Stamina, muscle, etc. I believe it after today's workout.
Even the girl push-ups felt like I had 20 pounds of cement on my back.

And I thought about punching Jillian Michaels in the face...a couple of times. Maybe. But that would be silly since she's on tv. Plus she gets results! For sure!

I've gotten so bogged down in all these ways to lose weight faster, etc...I'm going to try something super-revolutionary. I'm going to count calories and work out 6-7 days per week. And see what happens. No food group is off limits (as long as I can count/measure the calories and they are within my parameters of 1500 daily). I want to see how this works. I know I did it 10 years ago...but apparently those 10 years (from 27 to 37) make a big difference.

No comments:

Blog Archive