Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sisters

I have a favorite moment for this week. Unfortunately I did not get a picture, so words will have to suffice. For anyone who knows us or reads this blog you know that sleep is at a premium in our home. We have been plagued by sleeplessness for much of 8 1/2 years (that is exactly how long I've been a mother). For some reason or another someone is always up in the night. About 2 1/2 years ago Lindsay started sleeping through the night (yes, at about 6 years old) so we decided what? To have another baby! I have now slept through the night approximately 6 times in 19 months. Ok, there's the history of our sleep...or lack thereof.

Now, my favorite moment was this morning. My husband came to wake me up for the day to start and he asked me if I knew that Haley was in Lindsay's bed. No, I did not. I was up with Haley from 2am until 2:25 and when I went back to bed she was in her own bed. At some point in the early morning hours she decided to climb in bed with her sister rather than wake her mom up. I don't know if that was the best or if it was even better that Lindsay was excited about it! Rather than being annoyed at having her sleep disturbed...she loved having her sister's "warm little body" in her bed next to her. How sweet is that?

By the way, would that not have been an adorable picture??

No comments:

Blog Archive