Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reason Number 463 I {Heart} Homeschooling

Normally, it's very hot where I live. Hot and arm-pittish. Really. Because the humidity is usually about 110%! And hot. Did I say that already? Because it's true. Well, Monday morning we had our first cool front of the year. It has been GLORIOUS! My only complaint (and I really shouldn't-complain that is) is that the mosquitoes can literally carry you away. We had a ton of rain last week-enough that some people are not able to live in their homes, so who am I to complain about a few mosquitoes? I'm blessed that my home stayed dry (and free of sewer water) and my family is all safe. But I don't like mosquitoes so there.

Today, I decided to take advantage of our nicer, cooler, dryer weather and meet my hard working hubby for lunch (he has been working til about 9 or 9:30 for a while now-blessing and curse in one) and then take the kids to walk along Ocean Drive. We live in such a beautiful place. We miss a lot of that beauty because of the intense heat and burning sun, so when it's nice I really think we should enjoy it as much as possible. At the end of Ocean Drive there is a free little water park thingy. Really, it's a place where the sidewalk slopes down toward a short wall to create a place for water to collect. And fountains to fill it and keep it moving. And it's fun for the kids. Especially on a day like today. And super-especially since it's a school day and so there was only ONE other person there! How cool is that? I didn't plan for the water park and so we had no bathing suits...so I told the kids not to get their clothes wet. Ha ha!!!! (Did you know I was a comedian? What's that you say? I'm not funny, I'm insane? Okay...whichever.)










1 comment:

Unknown said...

You DO live in a beautiful place!!! What a fun day of splashing and keeping cool.

Blog Archive