Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Trip!

So, I come back from our annual Thanksgiving camping trip looking something like this:



There is no exciting, dramatic story behind this new me...just the same old, same old. Ever since having had Haley-girl my back is very fickle. It will be fine one minute and I'm flopping on the floor like a darn fish the next. The thing is, I'm not one to be a "damsel in distress". I prefer (even if it's sometimes martyr-ish) to do things myself. I don't want to have to depend on others-I'd much prefer to do things myself and do it when and how I think it should be done. It saves me much agitation in the long run. Except, with this issue I have no choice but to give in to it. There is no powering through this one. I am literally bent at the waist when I walk right now. Not fun.

And, all I did was get the (small, umbrella) stroller out of the back of the van to take a walk at the campground. I guess the twist in something I did killed it for me. Because we never did get to take that walk. Darn. The kids did get to go (thank you Patrick and Kimberly) to the Snake presentation that the State Park was having as well as to play at the park and make some paper snakes later in the day. They had fun and made some cute little snakes and stuff...(except Jared had a fit of perfectionism-which is par for his course-and tore up his "really cute" snake-told to me by Kimberly). I hope they still had fun. I think they did. I did too, all back issues aside.






The weather was great-warm Thursday and Friday until a cold front blew in late Friday night with some major rain-no biggie though, it all dried out the next morning. We had some great camp fires, even better food and nice friends. Oh, and no kids played in the fire. **eyes roll** In my book that makes it a great camping trip! I hope we can continue to do this every year at Thanksgiving. Minus the back incident.








Undoubtedly there would be more pictures but I, the photographer, was incapacitated...

2 comments:

squirrelgirl said...

Pardon my nosiness, but have you been to a chiropractor or physical therapist? It could be something really simple to fix. If you're interested, I could give you some direction on things to Google, to see what describes your symptoms the best. Then maybe you could get it fixed quickly and not have to suffer!

carebear7951 said...

That's not nosiness! I appreciate your concern :) I've been to a chiro 2x since having had Haley-girl. (never before that-I never had any issues). He has explained it to me that it's some kind of ligament injury (prob'ly from long ago) and childbirth/motherhood has exacerbated it and so my pelvis bones tilt and pinch a nerve...something like that. I have no insurance-I'd rather have physical therapy actually...I think it'd be more "permanent" but since I'm cash only...I must do with what I Have. Now my neck and everything is all messed up from over-compensating for my lower back all weekend...if you have any tips I'd be FOREVER GRATEFUL! :) thanks Meredith!

Blog Archive