Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

So, when I think about making a New Year's Resolution...I think of failure. After all, it seems as if the ones I want to focus on are the same ones I've made every year. And although I don't forget about them I tend to give up on them.
The first one is of course to lose weight. Blah. It's really more of an "after the Holidays" thing because it's almost impossible to go on a "diet" during the holidays. I know this, because I tried.
The second one is to stick to a budget and get our finances under better control. Yep, made that one before. And failed. Our amount of debt is indicative of that.
The New Year makes us all feel like a fresh start is in order but that "newness" just doesn't last-in my opinion.
What is the answer to actually making and sticking to your New Year's Resolution? Maybe making small, specific goals that are ATTAINABLE? Maybe posting them where you can see them on a regular basis? Maybe checking your motive? I don't know but I'm going to work on that this year-ach! Is that another "resolution"????

So, here are my resolutions (for what it's worth):
1. Lose 25 lbs by June (should be attainable-that's 6 whole months!)
2. Stop charging. Period.(I will be handing my charge cards over to my dear husband who doesn't have that weakness)
3. Follow Dave Ramsey's plan for debt free living. And complete at least step one this year.
4. Become a prayer warrior-complete devotional Learn to Pray in 28 Days by Kay Arthur.

For now that's enough. That is more than enough. I want to succeed...not set myself up for failure!


New Year
Graphics & Myspace layouts


No comments:

Blog Archive