I have so much to be thankful for in my life, both material and opportunities. So often I focus (even if it's just silently) on the negative...I want to change that.
This year the plans include:
1. My kids' birthdays! Yep, stressful but fun! And it means that April is one of the best months of the whole year, I was twice blessed in April. :)
2. My grandparents visiting! We have not seen my grandparents since Haley was 10 months old. I just realized that the other day...that is TERRIBLE. I have always been close to them and am missing them terribly. They're planning a visit in April! Woohoo!
3. A trip to South Padre Island with my family! We've reserved a campsite (b/c camping is a cheap hotel) so that we can do touristy things in South Padre! I was told about this by a friend and it sounds so fun. I can't wait.
4. A trip to NY. My friend Wendy has invited me and Haley to come again and visit! Only this time they live in NY and have their own house on some acreage! I think it's going to be so much fun!
5. Renewing my wedding vows. We've talked about this off and on for 5 years now! We wanted to do it on our 10th anniversary but were moving from North Texas to MO...this year we're doing it "for better or worse"--and yep, the bad pun was intended.
6. Camping trip to the river. We love to go to the Frio River and camp each year. We're hoping for a 4 day trip this year (since we are going to South Padre we'll have to make it 4 instead of 5 or 6)
7. Fireproof marriage retreat in October! Our church is doing a retreat for married couples in early October that I am hoping to go to (have to nail down some child care!).
8. Our annual camping trip for Thanksgiving weekend! Love it! (I just hope my back stays in tact this year!)
9. Christmas. What else can I say? That one speaks for itself.
I'm also looking forward to getting my battle with my weight/eating under control. I've really been struggling with it and I'm sick of the struggle. Even if I'm not losing weight I'd like to find peace and some kind of healthy-ish routine that works for ME.