Friday, January 18, 2013

Control

 Nathan watching A-Team with his daddy and siblings....

Does anyone remember that lovely song from the 80s...Janet Jackson singing all about control and getting what you want? How she's a grown up now and she does what she likes? For some reason when I went to write this post that's what just popped into my head.

Then I got to thinking...does being a control freak get you what you want?

I'm blessed to have a husband who helps. He doesn't complain about "babysitting" the kids (yeah, that's a whole 'nother post-and for the record he has NEVER referred to taking care of his own children as babysitting)...

Does he do things "my way"? No. Not even a little bit. I came home after 9pm tonight (It's Ladies' Conference Weekend at my church) and all the kids were sitting in the living room watching A-Team. Ummm, yeah, that's a nice calm show for kids to watch at bedtime. Or not.

And they probably don't have their teeth brushed.

But guess what? I got out. I was able to enjoy an evening outside of my house with friends. Worshiping God.

If I were to try to control every aspect of my household (like I'm often tempted to do...) I would not get to go out. I would live the life of a martyr. Do I even want to know everything that went on here tonight? Probably not. They're all alive! And happy! And I assume they ate. And yes, we'll call ketchup a "vegetable" for tonight.

And I will remember that control does not always get you what you want. Unless you want an ulcer.

I do think it might be funny now that it's 10pm (actually after 10) to just go ahead and go to bed though...while he deals with kids who've been watching A-Team!!!!!! Pity the fool! (Mr T...remember?) **snicker**


No comments:

Blog Archive